It was a sunny first day of the year, and we all managed to get out on the local trail for some sun and start recovering from holiday excesses. It was a wonderful holiday season, particularly in our new house as we hosted Mother In Law (MIL) for two weeks, hosted a Scandinavian themed meal with friends, and both of Husband’s parents for Christmas Day. And now it is time to review my goals for the year.
Looking back, the goals were:
1) Move: Check that bad boy off the list. I even got the dishwasher, craft room and a third garage stall. Granted the latter needs to be cleared of stuff from the other house, but it’ll get done eventually.
2) Sell or rent current house: Check! Rented just last month – whew!
3) Eat More Vegetables: Think I do okay on this one – there were a few vegetarian recipes which worked their way into my regular repertoire, and still think I feel much better when I eat more veggies
4) Rest: Could have done better on this one.
5) Finish at least 3/4 of my current craft project list: Um yeah about that… I’ll follow up on a separate post. Moving might have slowed that one down, or else I’m just making excuses.
6) Run a personal best half marathon: Nope, not even close. Not pleased with that result, but I wasn’t planning to run another marathon last year, and dropped time by 20ish minutes.
7) Weekly-ish blog post: It wasn’t perfect, but not too shabby on this one
8) Lose some bulk: Nowhere near my goal, but still ended the year less than where I started it.
9) Organize my crafting supplies/space: It got done, but needs to be done again.
From where future me sits on 1 Jan 2014, there are a few things I would be pleased to accomplish in 2013.
1) Paint. Have I mentioned this house is mainly beige?
2) Yard. Have I mentioned that the former owners loved their yard and took pretty good care of it? They were certainly very proud of it, and it was something we liked about the house, but we’ve also come to the conclusion that they were quite well-intentioned, but perhaps not the most knowledgeable gardeners. The yard is beautiful and feels very private, but we’d like to reclaim some grass, bring the roses and rhododendrons under control with some heavy pruning, and relocate a few ferns though Husband would just like those gone.
3) Run a personal best half marathon. I’m signed up for one in early March (get training lady!) and am looking to do the Seattle Half again in late November, marathon is tbd.
4) New clothes will be made, not purchased. Challenge accepted! I’m debating on the underlings aspect of this one… This will also help me destash a few yards of fabric and catch up on some of the projects which stalled in the move or those in which I just lost interest. I also have a digital notebook of all the clothes which have interested me recently. Time to try and recreate a few looks I think.
5) Finish up works in progress. Yeah yeah yeah…. I have a few copied items which are still in muslin stage, one thing I found in my ‘delivery’ from my mom which can be altered, and at least two other things which should be altered/adjusted to make them wearable.
6) Organize craft room. Even with my own craft room, things have been packed away for three years and I’m pulling things out of bins to better manage my inventory. Scraps are even going to get organized; resealable plastic bags are going to be my friends.
7) Eat more veggies. Or said another way, find more vegetarian recipes for my repertoire. Anyone have a good recipe for kale?
8) Lose some bulk. Slow & steady, right? Same target as last year, let’s see if I can get there.
9) Find a nice chair. This is wrapped up in making the house ours, transitioning into ‘grown up’ furniture and paying down debt. We will also like dining room and bedroom sets in the long run too.
I’m still thinking this through and might have an addition or two later this month.
Happy New Year everyone!